Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Moonlight

Just a quick post to mention something I realised last night.

After cycling home, I need to go through the garden and lock up my bike in the shed. Normally, Jon puts the outside light on for me, as it's dark by the time I get home. Without the light, I'm always worried about stumbling over pots/steps/our mini-greenhouse, which gets blown over by strong winds, etc, especially now that the garden is all muddy and slippery.

Jon was away last night, so I didn't have anyone to put on the outside light for me. However, it was more or less a full moon on a clear night, which meant that I was able to see my way through the garden very clearly. It made me think that I'm really pleased that we're going to climb Kili close to a full moon, because having the moonlight makes such a difference. It would be so demoralising to have to walk in pitch black - it'll be bad enough as it is!

Actually, it's funny that pretty much everywhere I look and everything I do reminds me of Kili now - even locking up my bike in the shed! I guess it goes to show that it's always in the back of my mind, and I'm preparing myself for it psychologically. That reminds me… I need to prepare for it financially too…. Must remember to pay up soon...

1 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Morris said...

Esther - I know what you mean! Kili is looming large...bought the sexy thermal long johns and top today. Definitely need to get those jabs sorted out. Dosh by end of December. So much to do...and so little time

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home