Saturday, March 04, 2006

Blog World and Passionate Dale

WOW! How cool is this blogging lark?

There I was, surfing a few other blogs in my lunch break for inspiration and entertainment...and in amongst the weird, incomplete, confusing and downright scary - EUREKA! I stumbled upon Dale's world, aka Passion Of The Dale ...geddit?

And a couple of articles and the language and imagery and stuff...well, they immediately hook me. So I drop him a comment, just like you can do at the bottom of this article, and say:


Dale. I like your style...sincere, open, genuine. You obviously love mornings, life and people (not, by the way)

And then late on Friday night, after curry, beer, coffee, the ironing, Ray (how good a movie is that) , and drooling over the posh properties in the Surrey Ad, I finally check out emails. This guy who I only met today via Blog world, who lives somewhere in Canada and seems a bit, well, cynical...he's only gone and donated some dosh to our Kili cause and World Vision. And he's left a comment at the bottom of my blog article Mr Insomnia and Mrs Sleepy :

Andrew, you strike me as a little diabolical. First you compliment me on my caustic (half) wit and then you make me check out your blog. Okay, maybe I did that all on my own. I put away my crusty geezer persona for a few minutes and read through what you and your team are planning. Of course I know there are people out there who are willing to make a difference in the world, but it's just so nice to read about and see something like your plan in action. Best wishes to you and your team. Great blog entries so far. Oh, and lay off the hot chocolate you fool, what d'ya think is keeping you awake? Dale
Can I say it again? WOW!
Thanks, Dale. You've made my night. Really. The world isn't such a bad place after all. At least this Blog World is pretty amazing. Cruise around a bit and I promise you will find some enlightening, interesting, engaging and downright thrilling stuff...if you look hard enough. Not here, obviously, but try Passion Of The Dale for starters and then just scroll through the NEXT BLOG>> icon at the top right of the Blog page...trust me

1 Comments:

Blogger Dale said...

Only one comment, where Andrew says after checking my blog 'and then just scroll through the NEXT BLOG>> icon'?

Never ever scroll away from my page. It'll just lead to heartache and misery. Okay? Thanks.

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home