Thursday, May 04, 2006

A learning experience....

Things that I have learnt from climbing Snowdon:

1. Jon makes truly excellent flapjacks.
2. You should check your digital camera has its batteries charged and its memory card inserted before you start your hike.
3. Wales is really quite beautiful - when the clouds aren't blocking the view.
4. I'm not as unfit as I thought I was.
5. I'm nowhere near as fit as I need to be for Kili.
6. Andy, Gill and Steve will make great hiking buddies on Kili.
7. A good pair of gloves will always come in handy (... as it were...)

I'm sure I'll think of some more later...

2 Comments:

Blogger Andrew Morris said...

Esther

Re your learning experience # 7....glad the gloves came in handy. My own digits have just about recovered their usual temperature and hew!

Andrew

10:33 PM  
Blogger Jon said...

I like point 1, but am miffed to be omitted from point 6!

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home