Saturday, March 10, 2007

Not Quite A Horror Story

Hmmm. Perhaps calling the trip, rather melodramatically, a 'horror story' wasn't such a good idea. That's the problem with being a writer, sometimes my creativity gets the better of me. Just ask my editor!

After reading my account below, several fellow Kili climbers contacted me, concerned that I didn't have fun. This may sound strange if you've read it, but actually yes I did!

As I said below, most of it was very pleasant. (Perhaps I should have emphasised that more? Ah well.) As for the final push, I knew it would be tough, but I'm fit and felt up to the challenge, and I proved myself right. I wouldn’t have enjoyed it if it was easy. What would have been the point?

The weird and random effects of altitude, for some reason, affected me probably more than anyone else that night. But that just gives me more reason to feel proud that I battled to the top.

I've already been talking about what my next challenge might be. I'll be very happy if I find something that gives me half as many great memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home